Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Dabbler's (International) Diary

Salutations! Dabbler here. You may remember me from my previous blog. Then again, you may not. Long story short, I have left the hallowed halls of Hollywood to join the Peace Corps. To be more specific, I will be living in the West African nation of Burkina Faso, working as a volunteer in a program impressively entitled "Girls' Education and Empowerment," the goal being to help improve the female literacy rate in Burkina. At this moment, I am mere hours away from reporting for service in Washington, DC... 2 days after which I will be flying overseas to Africa, to commence my 2-year service. It's going to be (from what I am told) a life-altering experience, and I hereby invite you to come along for the ride!

Most sincerely yours,

A Dabbler

No comments: